We love your interest in Pools by Bradley and welcome the opportunity to build your perfect pool. We also know you are more than likely looking at other pool companies and we would like to offer a few things to consider when making your selection.
- Check out the builder’s place of business. Is it a professional atmosphere? Do the employees seem professional and friendly?
- Be sure to ask questions about the service and warranty department within the pool company. How do they handle service and warranty calls? Do they have a service dedicated staff/department?
- Go to myfloridalicense.com to search for the company in the state database and ensure the license is valid and active. You can search by license number or company name. Check and see if there are complaints against this license.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if the contractor is a member. To become a member, a company must demonstrate sound, honest business practices. Also check and see if there are complaints about the company and if so has the company responded to the complaints with a valid response?
- If the company checks out and you feel they are a legitimate pool contractor then go through the design process and see if the design consultant can provide you with a detailed design.
- Does the pool contractor build for home builders in your area? Are those home builders reputable and financially sound? Visit some model pools the pool builder has built for the home builders. The pool builder will be able to provide you with a list of model pools they have built for you to visit. This will also give you an opportunity to not only see the company’s work but it will also give you ideas for your own pool project.
- Ask to meet an owner of the company. Are they active in the business? How accessible are the owners? Can you call them if you have a question or concern?
- Ask to see Certificates of Insurance for Liability and Worker’s Compensation Insurance. Are the dates current and is there at least $1 million in coverage to protect you from any liability?
The process begins with selecting the right company. Then the actual building process is a complicated one at best. With careful consideration and planning the experience can be pleasant and the result will bring you years of fun and enjoyment.