It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go! From retail stores to grocery stores, holiday decor is at the forefront and the holiday party planning has begun. And while most people in the northern states have to plan for indoor parties, here in Central Florida, we get to enjoy the outdoors almost year-round. Even if we do get a chill in the air, the weather here enables us to continue entertaining outside throughout the winter months. So, let’s continue on with the holiday decorating ideas for your pool and back yard for Christmas and New Year’s Eve! Check out these awesome tips to bring the winter holiday decor outdoors for everyone to enjoy.
Christmas…it’s the most wonderful time of the year! With the children’s anticipation of Santa coming to gatherings with family and friends, it is a time to really get everyone in the holiday spirit. Check out these ideas to decorate your pool and backyard to make your Christmas party one to remember:
- Trim the Trees: You’ve decorated your inside tree, but how about your outdoor trees? Get some extra plastic ornaments on your next trip out and hang them on the greenery around your pool. Place large ornaments in the big trees and add colorful regular sized ornaments in your small trees and shrubs. You can even float some of the large faux Christmas tree bulbs in your pool! Watch your kids’ eyes light up when they see Christmas inside and outside.
- Floating Candles: Who doesn’t love beautiful lights floating over the water’s surface? Adding lit candles to your pool will make for an elegant, eye catching touch to your holiday decor. If you’re not crazy about the idea of floating candles on your pools surface, consider getting luminaries and lining the perimeter of your pool for a warm glow everyone will love.
- String Lights: Lights, lights and more lights. Run some strands around your pool area and watch the holiday spirit come alive. You can even match them to the ones you use to line your roof to tie everything together. Consider using lights that twinkle to keep the shimmering light on the water’s surface continue to sparkle after the sun has set.
- Inflatables: Large pool floats are all the rage these days, so why not add some to your outdoor winter holiday decor? You can find almost anything on the internet – from Santa lounging on a raft to reindeer inner tubes, wreaths and dreidels. They will bring an element of fun to your pool decorations and put a smile on any child’s face. Who knows – they may even try to jump in and float on one! Disclaimer: make sure you don’t use pool floats with floating candles!
New Year’s Eve
- String Lights: Keep those lights up that you hung for Christmas and let them twinkle and shine for your New Year’s decor! String lights always add an element of elegance to any outdoor atmosphere and a feeling of warmth in the winter months.
- Paper Lanterns: Take your string light game up a notch with some paper lanterns (aka lampions) and your backyard will shine in no time. You can attach them to the roof and create a string of lights in between adding a colorful and warm lighting element to your New Year’s Eve decor.
- Balloons: Swap out those pool floats for some balloons – just blow them up and let them float around the surface of your pool. You can go with any variety of bright, fun colors or go for a classy look by using black, white and gold or silver balloons. It’s up to you! Want to add some glowing light? Before you blow up the balloons put a glow stick in each one to add a fun, colorful lighting element to your New Year’s Eve decor.
- Streamers, Party Hats & Noise Makers: Don’t forget the most important items for your NYE party! Streamers add a fun element and can be hung from lights, fences, ceilings…you name it. And come 12:00 a.m., everyone must get their party hat on and make some noise to ring in the New Year!
Pools by Bradley is Here for YOU
All of us here at Pools by Bradley live and breathe our mission of designing and building your ultimate outdoor pool atmosphere – but the most important thing is we want you have FUN! We intend to inspire you to improve the recreational time you spend with your family and friends in your new outdoor environment – especially during the holidays. Adding decorations to your pool and your backyard is a GREAT way to do that in the (still warm) winter months! Our motto is “take care of the customer and everything else will take care of itself”. When you choose Pools by Bradley to help you build your dream pool, you can rest assured that you’re choosing the very best. As a local family owned and operated company founded in 1996, we have received numerous design awards and honors. Pools by Bradley is rated as one of the top 50 pool builders in the U.S., plus recognized as the “Best Pool Company” in Orlando by Orlando Magazine several years in a row! We offer custom built pools and spas with additions ranging from water features and lighting effects to rain curtains and water slides…the sky’s the limit! Contact us online or call us today at 407-323-7496 to see how we can help you build the pool of your dreams!